...and she has been for about, oh, 3 weeks! I have been meaning to sit down and do a comprehensive blog about sweet vibrant Julia and her milestones. Where did the time go?
Blah Blah Blah:
Da-dn (Dad)
Ma! (Mom)
Eh-EE (Ellie)
Ooh-ah (Levi)
E-I (Eli)
Shs (shoes)
Apmm (Apple)
Wee! (swing or slide)
Bu (buckle)
Ba (ball)
Ba Ba (baby)
Mo (more)
Wa (water)
Uh-ma (Oma)
Pom (Pop)
Hasn't learned Opa or Tudi yet... I'm sure it's coming very soon.
Babies Babies
Julia loves her baby dolls. LOVES them. A few days ago she wandered upstairs and I asked Dan to go and see what she was up to. He was gone for a while and came back down with J. Dan had been watching her while she fed her baby, put her in the bed, and covered her up. Then picked her up and repeated the process again.
Mischievous
Other times she'll wander upstairs and find markers or stickers and go to town on whatever paper or portion of skin she can find. She loves stickers just about as much as she loves her babies and can go through an entire sheet of stickers in 5 minutes (Ellie never cared that much for stickers until recently. Hmm...)
Run for it
It was only a matter of time before she took what Ellie had and ran off, and that time has arrived folks! Ellie is no quiet bystander and a tussle usually erupts when she is trying to retrieve her stolen goods. I usually tell Julia "that's Ellie's" and surprisingly Julia hands it back (most of the time anyway). Thank goodness for the stage of distraction and offerings of another toy. :)
Reading
She has only very recently enjoyed being read to, and only for about 30 seconds before she hops down and moves on to something else. The two favorite books she has are one of 100 Animals and one with reflective mirrors on the inside (I'll have to get the titles of these books but right now I can't remember). Both of them were gifts and she loves them.
No comments:
Post a Comment