When I was growing up, during the month of December, if you heard a knock on the door in the evening (and you weren't expecting company - and where we lived we were never really expecting company), we were being paid a visit by Santa's Helper. And oh my goodness, oh my gracious, when Santas Helper dropped off a gift at the doorstep, you would have thought it was Christmas day itself! My brother and I would immediately stop what we were doing, look at each other and say "Santas Helper came!" and both clamor to reach the door first to retrieve the gifts. They were never very big items, but we didn't care. Santas Helper had come!
Well, I'm guessing since Ellie & Julia are my decedents, they were paid a visit by Santas Helper! The 4th of December he arrived at our doorstep bearing two gift bags with green reindeer shirts. Ellie was quite excited that a gift was left for her at the front door. A little confused at first, but excited nonetheless. Julia slept through it all so we aren't really sure what her reaction would have been. The shirts were worn all day long (and even the next day, I believe).
We can't wait to see if he comes again!
No comments:
Post a Comment