

Ah family! Dan's parents and youngest sister were in town this week so I haven't been blogging. Plus, I was fasting from the internet because I've recently become obsessed with surfing. It seems like I'll start a search for anything on google... organic fabrics anyone? Anyway!
I think Ellie's little heart is broken. She watched her Oma, Opa, and Aunt Carol drive away this morning to begin their 15 hour drive home. She was so very sad. It seems somehow she knew that it will be October until she gets to see them again.
While they were all here we did several fun things so I'll try to sum it all up. Here goes!
Farmers Market - every Saturday morning for the entire summer Lexington has a farmers market downtown that is huge. We stopped on a whim because we had some extra time before stopping by the clinic to see Dan (he was on a 30 hour shift and to show the fam where he works). We brought home some fabulous peaches, cucumber, squashes, kale, apples, eggplant and so much more I can't remember it all. It filled up an entire section of my counter top for days.
Baskin Robbins - because no little girl should ever go without ice cream.
Polo at the Park - this is exactly what it sounds like. We watched the last polo match of the summer out at the Kentucky Horse Park. The weather was awesome so we sat on our blanket and ate our picnic dinner while watching the match. Carol and I even went out and stomped divots (just like in Pretty Woman). Ellie mostly rolled around on the blanket because we were on a hill and she couldn't ever get her balance.
Pazzos - if any of you ever make it up to Lexington, we're taking you to Pazzos. It is this one-of-a-kind pizza joint (that can only be found in a college town) with at least 60 different beer on tap. Fabulous! We ate pizza and drank beer and had some quality family time. Dinner ran late so Ellie lost her cool at the end... guess we should have let her drink from that bottle she was holding. haha.
Swimming - we went for a dip in the pool and Ellie had more fun walking back and forth between me, Carol, and Oma. And afterwards she ate her cheese!
Shopping - a trip is never quite complete until you've gone shopping, right? Carol and I spent the good part of a day doing some serious shopping. We hit all the local vintage and resale shops looking for one of a kind items. I think we went to 10 different places by the time we were done, and we got home completely exhausted and completely broke. Later that evening we went to eat at PF Chang's, which is where Erik works (Dan's bro).
Natural Bridge State Park - hiking! Why not? We took the fam out to one of the area parks so we could get our hike on. It was a nice evening to try out our new Ellie pack! She absolutely loves this pack because she can see right over the top of Dan's head. Although, she spent most of the time peeking over the side and giving Dan a sore neck. It was a really nice evening!
There's probably more, but I'm pooped and can't think any more.
Talk soon,
The Raz's
No comments:
Post a Comment