CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Julia 3 Months!



Julia is 3 moths old! Of course, we can hardly believe she's already been here for 3 months (can you?). Here are a few fun facts about Julia. Most of it I've written because I don't really write this stuff down any more because it's all on this blog.

Temperament:
Julia seems to be
quite an agreeable baby, seldom crying. She is flexible and enjoys being wherever I take her (unless she's tired or hungry, but that's normal). We have a wiggle worm on our hands and are very careful not to leave her unattended on any surface other than the floor. Laying down seriously cramps her style and her preferred position is to be sitting up. If - rather when - she falls over, she face plants and then brings her little arms around and has tummy time. She cries mostly when she's tired, hungry, or confined in her carseat (which she's getting used to and finds the car bearable only when her big sister is sitting next to her).

Sleeping:
At this point in her life, Julia is a pretty darn good sleeper. As long as you don't wait too long to put her down, she'll usually fall to sleep on her own after swaddling and placing her in her bed. I can't complain. Then again, we have loosely followed the Baby Whisperer's recommendations since she was about a week old ("start as you intend to go on"). Julia is also not quite as predictable (or anal) as Ellie was, but I attribute that to the personality difference.

Schedule:
4:00/5:00am - Wakes for a morning feed
7:00/7:45 am - Wakes for Breakfast
8:30 am - down for a nap (this is usually her long morning nap of almost 2 hours)
10:13 am - up to eat
11:45 am - down for a nap (probably a short one of 45 minutes)
1:00 pm - Up for Lunch
2:15 pm - down for nap (this is either long or short depending on if we were out after her 10 am feed)
3:00/4:00 pm - up to eat, usually lots
4:30/5:00 pm - down for a nap (lately this has been a long one 2 hours)
6:00/7:00 pm - eating dinner, getting ready for bed
7:30-ish - Bed time!
10:30/11:30 pm - eating while she's sleeping before I go to bed

The Video:
It's been difficult, but I've caught Julia being her cute little self on video a few times. She's not into performing, so every time I get the camera out she stops talking and laughing and stares at it. So. It's a long-ish video (about 2 minutes)... so here she is!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

She is so precious. Jordana was mesmerized by the video and just kept saying "Ellie's baby". We hope you guys are doing well. We miss ya!!

elizabeth said...

love Dan's Julia Dance at the end. she is such a cutie!