First bite of the good stuff:
Now Ellie is most definitely a fan of corn. But (I'm embarrassed to admit) she's only had canned corn... until tonight! This morning we took a 'lil family trip downtown to the Farmer's Market (did I ever tell you that Lexington has a different Farmers Market every day except Friday? How cool is that?). We came back with Silver Queen corn, two beautiful beefy tomatoes, some pretty tasty kale, some cheese spread, and herb plants (Japanese cilantro, basil, and oregano) - all locally grown/made. We cooked up the corn for dinner tonight and Ellie decided she wanted a sample. Mine had too much salt on it for her palette, but Dan's was just right. Eventually, she decided mine wasn't too bad after all and shared my last ear with me. The first thing that I thought of was "Pop would have loved to seen this," that is, MY Pop. Ellie's Pop is my dad, MY Pop is my grandfather. Anyway. We're going to have to get this girl her own ears next time!
1 comment:
Yum!
Post a Comment